Wednesday 20 February 2013

THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, this post is about THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!! (See title)  ;)  I loved this book soooooo much, that it took me only 2 days to finish it cover to cover! The book is called " Out Of My Mind "

Melody's cerebral palsy has limited her for 11 years.  She's the smartest kid in her school thanks to her photographic memory; her brain is like a video camera that is always recording.  The thing is, no one knows it.  She cannot speak, feed herself, or even go to the bathroom.  People everywhere guess her retarded and her brain as immobile as her body... until Melody finds a way to talk.  This nifty tool is called the medi-talk.  Now, she can attend regular classes at her grade level instead of the pre-school level H-5 classes.  Will the medi-talk fix all her problems?  Will she be bullied in her new classes?  If she tries out for the quiz team, will she make it?  READ THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I think the main reason why I connected to this book was because I am the same age as Melody. It has totally changed my view of other kids like her. I hope that if you read this book, that it will have the same impact on you.


The medi-talk: