Saturday 16 February 2013

The Deadly Seal

Yay! My first blog post! The purpose of this blog is to share some of my stories and experiences with y'all. I hope to make you laugh, cry, sneeze, be inspired, and give you some great ideas! The following story is called The Deadly Seal (in case you haven't noticed ) Now, I am a big ol' scaredy cat and seals are not the least bit harmless. Just so you know. Enjoy!

The Deadly Seal

“Go Svea!”  Cheered my mom from inside our speedboat. “Yes!” I thought. “I HAVE DONE THE IMPOSSIBLE!” And I sort of had, at least for me. Getting up on a wakeboard for the fist time had proven super difficult. And I had done it. “WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!” I screamed victoriously. “Good Job Svea!” My dad called.  I stared out to the vast ocean beyond me. Every thing seemed so peaceful.  The wind whipped my hair into my face and I was blinded.  No big deal.  But I panicked.  I tried to shake the hair from my face but that only caused me to lose balance.  The front of my wakeboard dug into the water. The powerful force caused me to flip into the water headfirst.  Almost like the water was a giant magnet and I was a mere piece of iron. Oof!  Well that sure knocked the wind out of me. I tried to inhale, forgetting I was underwater. KCHKCHK!  “Oh great.” I thought. “There goes my life.” As my head rose to the surface, I coughed and hacked and gagged and whatever you can imagine to force that water from my lungs.  I waved my hand to show that I was semi-okay.  At least, I was… until I saw the bubbles coming from beneath my wakeboard.  Now, you must know, that any normal person would be thrilled to swim with a cute, little, harmless, harbor seal.  But I’m not exactly normal.  My ear-splitting shriek could be heard 3 miles up the coast.  And oh boy did I shriek.  I screamed, yelled, and, well… shrieked.  My dad (driving the boat) turned back around towards me so fast, even the water was scared.  “What’s wrong?” “Are you okay?” “Where does it hurt?”  With all these concerned shouts, you would have thought I was the Queen of England who had just fallen flat on her face.  But I didn’t hear any of ‘em, I was shrieking too loud.  I eventually got pulled back into the boat and dried off.  Boy oh boy!  I’m sure I saw I my life flash before my very own blue eyes.